Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Villa on the chase for Owen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Villa on the chase for Owen Empty
PostSubject: Villa on the chase for Owen   Villa on the chase for Owen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:59 am

ASTON VILLA are ready to pay what it takes to sign Michael Owen in January.
Boss Martin O’Neill is desperate to land an experienced striker with a proven goalscoring record to take the weight off Gabby Agbonlahor and John Carew.

And he has got owner Randy Lerner’s backing to throw his hat into the ring if Newcastle’s deposed England striker becomes available.

Owen, 28, is in the final season of his Toon contract and has been linked with a Ł5million move to Chelsea.

Newcastle offered him a new three-year contract at the start of the season. But that has remained unsigned amid all the uncertainty surrounding Mike Ashley’s attempt to sell the club.

Unlike Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal, Villa could guarantee Owen a regular starting place.

What do we think then lads, yay or nay!?!
Back to top Go down
Real Life Villan!

Real Life Villan!

PostSubject: Re: Villa on the chase for Owen   Villa on the chase for Owen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 am

Hmmm, Ł5 Million+ for a player who'll probably only be able to give 15 games a season... Errr NAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Corke

Corke

PostSubject: YAY   Villa on the chase for Owen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:54 am

I THINK OWEN WILL BE A QUALITY SIGNING THE VILLA MEDICAL TEAM AS GOOD AS THEY ARE WILL WORK WONDERS ON HIM SO YAY FROM ME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: Villa on the chase for Owen   Villa on the chase for Owen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 am

As far as strikers go, i'd taken anything at the moment !!

So it's a yes from me....
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: Villa on the chase for Owen   Villa on the chase for Owen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:29 am

If we can keep him fit i think it might work out quite well but i dont see how if newcastle and real madrid cant keep him fit why should Villa be able too??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Villa on the chase for Owen   Villa on the chase for Owen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Villa on the chase for Owen
Page 1 of 1