Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new site address.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stokie chris
Admin

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:50 am

Please note this is not finished yet.
what do you think so far guys.

http://somerset-lions.moonfruit.com
Back to top Go down
https://rate-it-uk.forumotion.com
Real Life Villan!

Real Life Villan!

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:11 am

Honest opinion Chris.

Design the site yourself the old one looks much better and is easy to navigate. Ready made template sites just don't cut it mate.

In my humble opinion the new site is too cluttered and to be honest it looks like an online shop especially with the ads.

I know you're doing this in your spare time bud and trust me it's really appreciated by everybody (even if you don't support the right team Wink ) I personally would be quite happy to throw some money your way (be it in the way of beers or whatever) or help with the hosting costs and I'm pretty sure everybody else would be happy to help in their own way.

I would much rather see something clean, easy to navigate and something which obviously states clearly who we are and what we are about.

I personally hate fixed width sites (though that is very much a personal opinion) and would rather see frames (yes old fashioned I know but they work so why mess with them Wink ) for easy navigation.

Just my two pence (you're gonna be sorry you asked Smile )
Back to top Go down
stokie chris
Admin

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 am

no thats great i need all the feed back i can get. so i can make the adjustments.
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:22 am

Real Life Villan! wrote:
Honest opinion Chris. Design the site yourself the old one looks much better and is easy to navigate. Ready made template sites just don't cut it mate. In my humble opinion the new site is too cluttered and to be honest it looks like an online shop especially with the ads. I know you're doing this in your spare time bud and trust me it's really appreciated by everybody (even if you don't support the right team Wink ) I personally would be quite happy to throw some money your way (be it in the way of beers or whatever) or help with the hosting costs and I'm pretty sure everybody else would be happy to help in their own way. I would much rather see something clean, easy to navigate and something which obviously states clearly who we are and what we are about. I personally hate fixed width sites (though that is very much a personal opinion) and would rather see frames (yes old fashioned I know but they work so why mess with them Wink ) for easy navigation. Just my two pence (you're gonna be sorry you asked Smile )
Without wishing to sound ungrateful because you do it in your sparetime for us but i'd second Real Life Villans comments. Smile
Back to top Go down
stokie chris
Admin

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:37 am

revamp on the site then. shopping adverts gone, wider page, easier navigation.
is it period that the site is rubbish or are there any good points we would like to keep?
(sorry about the adverts its to make the site free but i can scrap that)
Back to top Go down
stokie chris
Admin

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:09 am

right got to just sort out the shitty adverts but is this any better?
if we have any ideas please please please tell me.
even if its the background or positioning of certain things anything at all.
also this is a mix of my own HTML code and the hosts software that im using so nothing is out of bounds.
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:51 am

Chris The opening statement definteley needs a revamp. Under the "rules" of us being a Official Lions Club we are not allowed to pick passenegers up in the Devon Area. The agreement reached was that we would pick any Devon people up if they were not running a bus of their own and if we did it would only be at Wellington (1st available Motorway Junction)

Don is right about the Gordan Cowans Suite we seem to have moved to the Holte Suite but the benefits there are the same as the Gordan Cowans Suite and the food is a lot better !!!!!!! and the service !!!!!!

Glyn will put you right but if you want to ring me about transport etc let me know my number is 07796923603 and my e mail addy is bob@brummiebob.com

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Real Life Villan!

Real Life Villan!

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:18 pm

I've just had a quick look at the Moonfruit site Chris and my choice would be the Millenium style sheet and the club society template (rather than the sports club one) with some modifications of course. It's clean and elegant and could be easily (I believe) modified to suit our needs.

It's a bit late now so I'm not gonna do too much more digging but when I get home from work tomorrow I'll give it some more thought and let you know what I think. Hopefully with everybodys input we can come up with a kickass site that will be the envy of all the other clubs.
Back to top Go down
stokie chris
Admin

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 am

i will take a look tonight see what its like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new site address. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new site address.   new site address. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new site address.
Page 1 of 1