Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bye Bye UEFA Cup

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:47 am

Simmering discontent here. Resting players Why Martin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:36 am

I've just been thinking about the team he can put out. With the exception of a couple of midfielders its actually a pretty decent team. Top 4 has to be the priority now in my opinion. If we dont get Champions League Football we risk losing players and we dont want that to happen. Lets see what happens on Thursday
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 am

hulkamania wrote:
I've just been thinking about the team he can put out. With the exception of a couple of midfielders its actually a pretty decent team. Top 4 has to be the priority now in my opinion. If we dont get Champions League Football we risk losing players and we dont want that to happen. Lets see what happens on Thursday

Dont understand that !!. What will we do next season (should we qualify for the CL). Rest players in the CL games, making sure Premier league becomes priority, ensuring we qualifiy for the following seasons CL.

I have a nasty feeling we'll end up with sod all, but a UEFA cup place..and what will we do then, rest our best players the following season, giving our best shot at a higher league placing.
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 am

Should we qualify for the Champions League then next season will be completely different. We'll be able to attract better players and more players will want to play for us. So in theory we should have a bigger and better squad to this seasons. If we risked our best players on a crap pitch in Moscow and ended up with a couple of injurys we'd be up shit creek without a paddle in the league. We have to get Champions League this season. Its a shame that the UEFA Cup has to suffer for it i agree. But we've come too far in the league to stuff it up now
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:42 am

So if we finish 5th, thrown the UEFA and FA cups, then qualify for next seasons UEFA cup, we have to throw it all away again, in the hope we qualify for the following seasons Champions League.
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 am

No but whilst we're doing so well in the league we should do everything to keep the momentum going. Champions League is in our sights. If we dont manage to make it then O'Neill will have to pay over the odds for a better standard of player and make sure we have a good enough and big enough squad to cope with the competitions. For whatever reason he has struggled in the market in January which didn't help our cause. So now we're having to prioritise in the league. Champions League is where the top players want to be. And i'd like to see those top players down Villa Park
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 am

Huge amount of pressure on MON now, he's put all his eggs in one basket. If we do not beat Stoke sunday, the tide could very quickly change, and all this seasons efforts will be for nothing.
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 am

Tauntonvilla wrote:
Huge amount of pressure on MON now, he's put all his eggs in one basket. If we do not beat Stoke sunday, the tide could very quickly change, and all this seasons efforts will be for nothing.
I agree with you there Don. I'm still confident we can get top 4 though. But our home form is very frustrating. I hope to god they can sort it out
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am

If we get through, do we have to field an even shitter team next round, hoping to get knocked out ??
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 am

If we get through it'll be amazing. But lets wait and see what happens first and worry about any potential further rounds if or when they come
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:37 am

At this precise moment i couldnt care less abt this game, my big big concern is the reaction and grief O'Neil is getting and from what I've read he certainly aint got the backing of his senior players!!!! I really hope we put on a good show and dont get murdered!! God only knows what will happen if we bugger sunday up!!!

What must be going through Barrys mind now, i mean he wants to play on the big stage and this is thrown in front of him. I really wanted a weakend team to go out their but this is severe to say the least!!!!
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 am

Oh great Carew aint even on the bench, this gets worse!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:54 am

Weston Pete wrote:
At this precise moment i couldnt care less abt this game, my big big concern is the reaction and grief O'Neil is getting and from what I've read he certainly aint got the backing of his senior players!!!! I really hope we put on a good show and dont get murdered!! God only knows what will happen if we bugger sunday up!!!

What must be going through Barrys mind now, i mean he wants to play on the big stage and this is thrown in front of him. I really wanted a weakend team to go out their but this is severe to say the least!!!!

What have you read and where have you read it?
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 am

This contest cost us a shortend summer break AND Freddie Bouma.....And for what purpose......Just to go and give it all up when the competetion starts to get interesting !!
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:33 am

Bob, im not going to stoke on sunday, i have to prioritize my games. I'll be sending my 2 year old nephew instead. This will allow myself to concentrate on the bigger up and coming premier league games !!

We cant even be asked to name a full subs bench.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:55 am

Remember the saying..

...Keep The Faith!!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:15 am

I have a new one...

Keep The Blind Faith !! cyclops
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm

I thought that the majority of the team gave a good account of themselves tonight. With the exception of Harewood who is useless. If Big John had of played tonight i reckon we'd of got a goal or two. Ah well bring on Stoke on Sunday and lets get them 3 points in the bag sunny
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:56 pm

hulkamania wrote:
I thought that the majority of the team gave a good account of themselves tonight. With the exception of Harewood who is useless. If Big John had of played tonight i reckon we'd of got a goal or two. Ah well bring on Stoke on Sunday and lets get them 3 points in the bag sunny

I thougt Mr Sidwell gave the worst performance i've seen from anybody all season..
Probably the worst i've seen since Marlons own in the 4-4 game with Spuds..
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Tauntonvilla wrote:
hulkamania wrote:
I thougt Mr Sidwell gave the worst performance i've seen from anybody all season.. Probably the worst i've seen since Marlons own in the 4-4 game with Spuds..
Oh no Don. Dont get me started on Sidwell! If i start ranting on about him i'll never stop. He has been a massive let down since he joined us. His performance against Everton in the FA cup was a disgrace. Absolutely f'ing useless
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm

hulkamania wrote:
Tauntonvilla wrote:
hulkamania wrote:
I thougt Mr Sidwell gave the worst performance i've seen from anybody all season.. Probably the worst i've seen since Marlons own in the 4-4 game with Spuds..
Oh no Don. Dont get me started on Sidwell! If i start ranting on about him i'll never stop. He has been a massive let down since he joined us. His performance against Everton in the FA cup was a disgrace. Absolutely f'ing useless

Although, somebody did wisper to me (anonymously), that he (Sidwell) is slightly more skillfull than our own "Beachcomber"
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:25 pm

You heard that aswell did you Don lol!
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:19 am

Get some goalposts from Villa Park. burn them and put the ashes in a urn and make 2 reserve teams play for the right to own the Urn till the next time they meet.

O dear somebodys already thought of that in another sport.

Short.short time ago
I can still remember when the footie made me smile
And I knew if I had the chance
I would make that football dance
and maybe theyd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver
with every paperI'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step

I can remember that I cried
when martin picked the team with no pride
but something touched me deep inside
the day the footie died

so bye bye my european dream
drove my bus to the ferry
but the ferry was gone
them good ole boys drinking carling and becks
saying this will be the day that it died
this will be the day that it died
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 am

It died for me last night Bob !!
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:10 am

Come on lads it aint the end of the world, we've lost 3 games on the bounce but luckily (depending on how u look at it) 2 of them were not league games. If someone said to us at the start of the season we could be here at this precise moment in the season i bet most Villa fans would of jumped at it!!!

What we have all got to remember is that this is a building process, success aint gonna come over night, O'Neil said that when he joined, a 5 year aim remember??? There is no way we can go out and compete with the big boys in all competitions this early on.

We have made massive massive strides sine the O'leary days, no one expected us to be in the top 4 3 seasons ago, as has been said before lets concentrate on one thing at a time,champions league is the main one with regards to attracting top players and gaining massive sums of money. Once we've got that and start building a large squad of top players then can we start to think about challenging on all fronts, success will come!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bye Bye UEFA Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye UEFA Cup   Bye Bye UEFA Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye UEFA Cup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next