Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Small Holte Rant!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

A Small Holte Rant! Empty
PostSubject: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:33 am

Now i know I'm gonna get some possible abuse from you Holte-enders on here but its just something i noticed on saturday and thought I'd share with you!!

Now i know most teams away support, like ours is much better than at home. And i know Villa Park certainly aint the quietest ground in the country but something on Saturday slightly pissed me off abit and made us look abit twatish!!!

Now for the first 4 minutes of the game, the Holte were in good voice, very loud, clearly heard, the long rendition of Paul McGrath was superb!! However after those first 4 minutes, when Chelsea gained the first upper hand in terms of attack and control of the game it became very quite from that end of the ground.

Now me and Corke have been judging the away supporters this year, and I put the Chelsea fans as the best been to Villa Park apart from Man U and possibly Man City in terms of constant loudness. They were very good and came out with a variety of different songs and sang their hearts out for the first half hour. It was very disapointing to sit there and hear nothing coming back from the Holte. However this wasnt what annoyed me!!!

What did piss me off was after that first half hour of being constantly out-sung by the Cockney's in the corner, the only song that came out of the Holte was...

........"Your support is fuckin shit!!!" No

Now, im sorry, but that just made us look really very very poor cos in fact, on the day, it was us, the Villa fans who were the shit ones!!! And it really bugs me that the expectation levels down Villa Park are so high, that even when in the 3rd minute, a pass goes slightly wide of the mark, the moans and groans can already be heard!!!!

I know we all pay alot of money to watch our team play, but if we cant get up for a big game like that, and back the team in a positive manner then we really dont deserve anything!!!

Sorry chaps, rant now over....!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 pm

That's a small rant...Can't wait for a spare weekend to read a big one !!
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:25 pm

too much time on his hands needs a proper job methinks Don
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 pm

For once i agree Bob!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:46 pm

A small rant from my good self.

I've not felt this pissed off after a game for ages. What was the point in entering this competion (intertoto), what was the point of getting excited about the Ajax game, booking 1/2 days off work to watch away legs on T.V. If it's the UEFA cup next season, im not going to bother...whats the point ? Bollox to 4th and the Chumpions League, i want to win trophies !

Off to sulk now, see you all bright and early sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm

Tauntonvilla wrote:

I've not felt this pissed off after a game for ages. What was the point in entering this competion (intertoto), what was the point of getting excited about the Ajax game, booking 1/2 days off work to watch away legs on T.V. If it's the UEFA cup next season, im not going to bother...whats the point ? Bollox to 4th and the Chumpions League, i want to win trophies !

Champions League is where its at though Don. With Champions League comes World Class players. And with world class players we will start to win trophies again. Thats just the way football has gone over the years. Top players want to play at the highest level. Its a damn shame we had to put some reserves out against Moscow i agree. But if thats what it takes to stay in the top 3/4 in the league then i for one am all for it. I want to see us field some world class players. I want to see Real Madrid, Barca, Munich, Roma, Juventus, Milan etc down at Villa Park. I want to see what you got to see and experience back in the early 80's. I want my trip to Rotterdam. Perhaps it is a selfish view. One thing is for sure though. Football certainly creates alot of talking points lol!
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 am

Hulk, i hope for you we qualify for the CL, and MON gets the world class players you think that will bring. I cant see it myself, but fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 am

hulkamania wrote:
Tauntonvilla wrote:

Champions League is where its at though Don. With Champions League comes World Class players. And with world class players we will start to win trophies again. Thats just the way football has gone over the years. Top players want to play at the highest level. Its a damn shame we had to put some reserves out against Moscow i agree. But if thats what it takes to stay in the top 3/4 in the league then i for one am all for it. I want to see us field some world class players. I want to see Real Madrid, Barca, Munich, Roma, Juventus, Milan etc down at Villa Park. I want to see what you got to see and experience back in the early 80's. I want my trip to Rotterdam. Perhaps it is a selfish view. One thing is for sure though. Football certainly creates alot of talking points lol!

What a beautiful piece, so thoughful and well written, Sellout, your my hero!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:16 pm

I have been misled all of these years....i was always under the impression the aim of the game was to put silver pots in the cupboard !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small Holte Rant!   A Small Holte Rant! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Small Holte Rant!
Page 1 of 1