Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Future Away Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris-Weston

Chris-Weston

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:31 am

The Somerset Lions away days are becoming increasingly popular as rumour spreads throughout the country about the recession busting prices and groundbreaking 'humour' that helps to make any trip an absolute joy. The philosophical debate of Plato's descendant 'Side Light', the nicotine starved ranting of 'Wide Angle' and the verbal perplexities of Taffy Bob are those little extras that other supporters clubs lack, be it for better or worse.
There has been few better times in the past ten years to see the Villa than at the moment and the demand for Away days is growing. The policy is that if there is enough interest to make any trip economically viable then we will all do our best to do it. Taff does a great job with the transport and we are all very fortunate to have him with us aswell as Glyn who has never failed to sort us out with tickets. These two work hard so we can all enjoy our day out so thanks to them.
To make planning away trips easier though and to get the best chance for the best seats when purchasing tickets we will now have a cut off point three weeks before a fixture. This means that if anybody wants to get tickets through the club they need to confirm three weeks prior to game. Obviously with FA Cup and Uefa games sometimes this is not possible.
So far the Somerset Lions club has gone exceptionally well and has achieved everything we all wanted. We get to the games, we have a laugh and we get home without any aggro and this is a tribute to everybody in the club. If we can keep going like this and the Villa keep it up we'll be in Istanbul, not Russia, before you know it!
Back to top Go down
caveman villa

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:33 am

OI!!!!!!! No

I'm not nicotine straved, i just hate everyone lol!

and i thought my name was wide load!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 am

Yeah fair play to Bob and Glyn. You're both doing a grand job for us all. I for one can firmly say that travelling with all you boys has made and is making the whole match day experience a much more enjoyable day. Good banter, good beer, good food (balti pies are the best) and good football makes for a great day. Long may it continue. What the hell are we going to do in the summer though!?
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 am

..Here here, another superb trip and again big thanks to Bob and Glyn for everything they do. With regards to the summer dan, im thinking if we make Champions League im just gonna go on one almighty celebratory bender, lasting probably 3 months to celebrate, just in time for the new season to start!! lol!!...thats should pass the time of day!!
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 am

Just had a look at the fixture list and our last 3 away games look like decent ones to go too. Providing we all have the money and they stay as saturday fixtures it would be great going as we dont wanna miss out on the champions league celebrations (fingers crossed) if we achieve it away from Villa Park!!

Bolton 25th April
Fulham 9th May
Boro 16th (last away game)
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:36 am

Weston Pete wrote:
Just had a look at the fixture list and our last 3 away games look like decent ones to go too. Providing we all have the money and they stay as saturday fixtures it would be great going as we dont wanna miss out on the champions league celebrations (fingers crossed) if we achieve it away from Villa Park!!

Bolton 25th April
Fulham 9th May
Boro 16th (last away game)

I'm already going to the Boro match as i am staying with family up there so i'll definately meet up with you all for the match if you chaps are going. I'm in London for my 30th Birthday on the weekend of the Fulham match but i'm not sure i'll make the game. The Bolton match would be good to go to. We just have to wait and see what fixtures are going to chosen for tv. Sky and Setanta should of released the tv fixtures for April a week ago but as yet there has been no mention of it! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:41 am

Yeah thats the only problem, they usually change Fulham to a monday night but if they dont would be great to have a beer beers down there. Boro is a definate for me as long as its on the 9-seater, lol, cant do the mini bus all that way!!!
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Weston Pete wrote:
Yeah thats the only problem, they usually change Fulham to a monday night but if they dont would be great to have a beer beers down there. Boro is a definate for me as long as its on the 9-seater, lol, cant do the mini bus all that way!!!

When was the last time we played Fulham on a Monday night ?? Question
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 am

Well its usually some stupid time, never a simple 3pm kick off, me and Neil have been wanting to go for years but its never worked out ok!!
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 am

Guess who's going to Everton on Sunday! cheers
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:32 am

Bitch!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
caveman villa

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 am

When we go to Boro for the last game it is fancy dress. I'm thinking we need a theme!! Anyone else?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 am

caveman villa wrote:
When we go to Boro for the last game it is fancy dress. I'm thinking we need a theme!! Anyone else?? lol!

Theme...Weston-Super-Mare....I'll be going as a caveman !!!
Back to top Go down
caveman villa

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 am

Tauntonvilla wrote:
caveman villa wrote:

Theme...Weston-Super-Mare....I'll be going as a caveman !!!

I like it cave men / Flintstones
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 am

hulkamania wrote:
Guess who's going to Everton on Sunday! cheers

Official site says we've sold our allocation for Everton, 5,900 Villa fans gonna be there!! Thats pretty good considering its on tele, the 6000 at Blackburn and Moscow and Chelsea coming up!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Future Away Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Away Games   Future Away Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Away Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aston Villa's Supporters Club :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: