Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flag Design

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Right you all had a look at a few samples for our flag design, might be an idea to bring them back down on wednesday night Glyn to re-fresh peoples memories! You all manged to pick probably the hardest one to do but im sure there are ways and means of getting around these things.However i can always try and come up with some more ideas if you wanted something different.If we did go with one thats already designed then we all just need to agree to fonts and colours etc then i can get in touch with a few people and start getting an idea of cost etc?? Might be nice if we got a move on and tried gettin it done for our Sunderland trip or if not blackburn!!!
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Text me the result of the "poll" I'm working Weds Night will watch it on the TV in the office. Sorry I can't be with you. Have a good time and rest assured when Villa score the noise you all make will be replicated back here in Outpost Shepton.

Up the Villa
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:34 am

Right lads so we have finally decided on the principal design of the flag! Now if Don and Bob were paying attention on saturday they would of seen it but will probably need reminding but as its been designed on publisher i cant actually get a copy put on here cos basically its well gay!!!!

basically it isnt the one everyone said on sat with the AVFC running diagonal across the centre and the villa and somerset badges either side, now we have decided on the one that goes like:

Somerset Lions

**Villa Badge**

A.V.F.C

the somerset lions is curved over the top of the badge and the AVFC is bold just like it is above! The background is blue with claret writing and a claret border! Im going to play around with it a little bit and bring the final designs down to the Woodspring on saturday for everyone to make a final decision.

After watching the game last night we decided that it was vital to have somerset lions writted boldly across instead of our own badge as it catches peoples eyes better. The only issue is whether we are allowed to use the actually Villa badge cos during the Ellis years he copy writted it and prevented supporters from using it. If that still stands then we will probably go with the official supporters club lion, which in claret will look as smart.

Also we will probably be going for a 6ft by 4ft flag, ive noticed Don has one already made, whats the size of yours mate and how much did it all cost?? Should we go any bigger, or smaller even???

If anyone has anything else to add regarding design, size, costs etc etc give us a shout cos its everones flag at the end of the day and we want something we are all very proud of!

Would be great to see as many people as possible down the Woodspring on saturday to make the final decision and then i can start organising prices etc!!
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:41 pm

Marvellous what a child can do with some crayons !!!!

I'll get me coat
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
hulkamania

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Weston Pete wrote:
Right lads so we have finally decided on the principal design of the flag! Now if Don and Bob were paying attention on saturday they would of seen it but will probably need reminding but as its been designed on publisher i cant actually get a copy put on here cos basically its well gay!!!! basically it isnt the one everyone said on sat with the AVFC running diagonal across the centre and the villa and somerset badges either side, now we have decided on the one that goes like: Somerset Lions **Villa Badge** A.V.F.C the somerset lions is curved over the top of the badge and the AVFC is bold just like it is above! The background is blue with claret writing and a claret border! Im going to play around with it a little bit and bring the final designs down to the Woodspring on saturday for everyone to make a final decision. After watching the game last night we decided that it was vital to have somerset lions writted boldly across instead of our own badge as it catches peoples eyes better. The only issue is whether we are allowed to use the actually Villa badge cos during the Ellis years he copy writted it and prevented supporters from using it. If that still stands then we will probably go with the official supporters club lion, which in claret will look as smart. Also we will probably be going for a 6ft by 4ft flag, ive noticed Don has one already made, whats the size of yours mate and how much did it all cost?? Should we go any bigger, or smaller even??? If anyone has anything else to add regarding design, size, costs etc etc give us a shout cos its everones flag at the end of the day and we want something we are all very proud of! Would be great to see as many people as possible down the Woodspring on saturday to make the final decision and then i can start organising prices etc!!
I haven't seen the design but i was just thinking. If the new Villa badge cant be used how about using the old round Villa badge? You could possibly fit SOMERSET LIONS PREPARED in and around the badge? Its just a thought
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:53 am

yeah we were actually talking about the old badge, need glyn to have a word with alan he'll know the score!
Back to top Go down
glyn wsm

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: flag design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:43 pm

well done pete for sortingthis out i think we should go with the majority vote made at the pub for the west ham game i.e. the one with the star and year each side. will talk with al on sunday and confirm details of badge and get back to pete so we can get our flag made and show the world who we are. up the villa .......up to 3rd
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:45 am

Excellent choice fellas, once made i think we'll really have a flag and a club to be proud of!!
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:26 am

Right fellas, I've just emailed the guys at Barmy Flags about our design and hopefully we will get a positive response. Due to the change of badge i was unable to send them a copy of the round shape one as i couldnt find a template online. Has anyone got any ideas of where i could get one from?? I did inform them of the change though so maybe they will be able to get it themselves.
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:48 am

I think you will be surprised at the cost. If you intend to hang it from the Holte 12ft x 6 i'd say is the minimum. My TAUNTONVILLA one is 18ft x 9ft i think, which is way too big.

It cost me £170.00, in 2006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flag Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag Design   Flag Design Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flag Design
Page 1 of 1