Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Big Four!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Now i was wondering whilst polishing my bottles at work, with all the Crisis thats happening at the Arsenal do you think they will have enough in their tank to mount a serious challenge at breaking into the top four!?! I mean lets face it, the big four, and when i say big four i mean United, Liverpool, Chelski and Villa are pretty set in stone now and i really think theres only Arsenal who could mount a serious challenge!!

........How nice does that sound, Villa in front of Arsenal and we're almost at Xmas, no im not dreaming, we fully deserve everything we get and do you know what, i bloody think we're gonna do it as well!!!

Finally all the dismal games under Taylor, Gregory and O'leary now seem very much worth it, Villa are back on the map and are here to stay!!

UP THE VILLA!!!
Back to top Go down
stokie chris
Admin

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:01 am

i think you're right pete, villa even though they are new to the top four have been knocking on the door for a while, with abit of luck they can stay there i think come january they need to put abit of depth to the squad, also they way villa are playing, alot of teams are starting to take notice, is this a downside? as far as i know villa are fianancialy (i wish there was spell checker on here) stable but a big bid for barry or gabby or ashley young, i know alot of you are thinking they would never go but money talks, take stevie g from liverpool a scouse through and through but if not for a breakdown in negotations because of the transfer window closing he would be wearing blue instead of his native red. really looking forward to see what happens come january, more than ever it will break and make teams hopefully villa will be the later of the two but with o'neil in charge i dont think villa need to worry. as for the top four in football terms villa are there but in money terms its scary to think come january maybe 8 teams will have alot of money to spend. newcastle will have a takeover then theres spurs, liverpool,man utd, chelsea, man city, west ham, arsenal and also theres now talks that bolton are in talks with some royalty of a 3rd world country but on the plus side we will have the best talent the world has to offer.
Back to top Go down
https://rate-it-uk.forumotion.com
stokie chris
Admin

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:16 am

just depressed myself knowing that in january stoke city will have about £2.50 to spend on talent.
Back to top Go down
https://rate-it-uk.forumotion.com
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:47 am

We are good enough to get there for sure. However i'd be happy conslidating our UEFA cup place for now, too much too quick could be bad. Were still a million miles from winning it, and have a huge january window coming up..
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 5:39 am

Providing Villa dont do the usual and bottle it i dont see any reason why we cant stay in the top four
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:46 am

I think your right Don, 5th spot would probably be the best thing for us in terms of progressing slowly rather than one big hit, although it concerns me that if we dont get that 4th spot, like Chris said, how many of the big teams are gonna come sniffing around for the likes of Barry, Young, Gabby and money certainly does talk!!

I'm of the opinion that not beating United on saturday and only getting a point was a better result for us in looking ahead to the rest of the season! If we'd have beaten them then the expectation level would of been even higher and the players need more than ever to keep their feet on the ground at such a crutial time of the season!!!
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:56 am

You know I'm the biggest optimist around but you know I just have this sneaky feeling on the last day of the season we will just pip the Arse for 4th place. We've come a long way and we have a long way still to go but it would be fantastic.

Sky, BBC and ITV will be well pissed though without thier beloved Arsene classed as a top four manager hee hee
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Sponsored content

The Big Four!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Four!!!   The Big Four!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Four!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aston Villa's Supporters Club :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: