Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

somerset lions update

Go down 
+2
hulkamania
glyn wsm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
glyn wsm

somerset lions update Empty
PostSubject: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 pm

NEW WEBSITE
I have spoken to Caveman Villa (Pete) regarding all his work trying to set up our new web site. I know everyone has their own view, which i accept, but I feel we need our new site up and running ASAP. The reason for this is, we need a site that is easily accessible to potential new members, but not losing the personal touch that our existing site has, therfore if you go to somersetlions.com, you will see what I have asked Gaz to do this for us (he sorts out Villa web sites for other clubs), he is a member of the North West Lions. I am not going to mess about with this, your valued views need to be aired sooner rather than later, so we can get the site up and running.

I have asked pete to be involved with this site, as everything he has done for us has been much appreciated.
Please let me know your thoughts on this ASAP

NEW FLAG
Our new flag order has been placed with Barmy Flags, at a cost of £160.00 which the club has paid for. It is 8ft x 4ft and designed as previously agreed.
We should have it in time for the Liverpool game and if we are lucky maybe for the Spurs game!.
We should all say a big thanks to Weston Pete for sorting this out......

NEW PHONE NUMBER
I have texed my new mobile number to all existing members, so if you notice the contact number has changed, dont worry this is all in hand. Brummie Bob's number remains the same.

BUS COST
As you know Bob and I have done our best to keep travel cost to a minimum, to be fair to Bob he has done a fantastic job, he has sorted out the VOSE certificate and made sure all is legal, he always drives the bus so I propose Bob should travel free of charge, all we need is 12 bums on seats to cover this cost.

SUPPORTERS CARDS
I have got 250 cards sorted out as discussed, these will be ready for the Spurs game.

I would like to thankyou for all your continued support and long may it last....
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:08 am

glyn wsm wrote:
NEW WEBSITE I have spoken to Caveman Villa (Pete) regarding all his work trying to set up our new web site. I know everyone has their own view, which i accept, but I feel we need our new site up and running ASAP. The reason for this is, we need a site that is easily accessible to potential new members, but not losing the personal touch that our existing site has, therfore if you go to somersetlions.com, you will see what I have asked Gaz to do this for us (he sorts out Villa web sites for other clubs), he is a member of the North West Lions. I am not going to mess about with this, your valued views need to be aired sooner rather than later, so we can get the site up and running. I have asked pete to be involved with this site, as everything he has done for us has been much appreciated. Please let me know your thoughts on this ASAP NEW FLAG Our new flag order has been placed with Barmy Flags, at a cost of £160.00 which the club has paid for. It is 8ft x 4ft and designed as previously agreed. We should have it in time for the Liverpool game and if we are lucky maybe for the Spurs game!. We should all say a big thanks to Weston Pete for sorting this out...... NEW PHONE NUMBER I have texed my new mobile number to all existing members, so if you notice the contact number has changed, dont worry this is all in hand. Brummie Bob's number remains the same. BUS COST As you know Bob and I have done our best to keep travel cost to a minimum, to be fair to Bob he has done a fantastic job, he has sorted out the VOSE certificate and made sure all is legal, he always drives the bus so I propose Bob should travel free of charge, all we need is 12 bums on seats to cover this cost. SUPPORTERS CARDS I have got 250 cards sorted out as discussed, these will be ready for the Spurs game. I would like to thankyou for all your continued support and long may it last....
I've had a quick butchers at the website. All looks good. Are we going to have any pictures of us on away trips and stuff on the site? When will the site be fully up and running? I agree with Bob not paying to travel. With him doing all the driving he should definately get free travel.
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:09 am

Are we going to keep using this forum or change over to the one thats on the new site???
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 am

Well until someone lets me know how to put my transport updates on that new site I'm sure the best thing is to keep on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:25 pm

A massive well done to all involved in the "Making/Design" of this flag. it's one of the best i've ever seen.

Looks the dogs bollocks !!
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:19 am

Whats happening with our website? Just looked and nothing seems to of changed on it for a few weeks. Also when i registered i had an email saying "Thank you for applying for registration with South West Lions". Thats wrong isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 am

I got a funny feeling this website aint gonna take off lol! Aint this like the third person whos had a go at doing it lol!?!
Back to top Go down
caveman villa

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Weston Pete wrote:
I got a funny feeling this website aint gonna take off lol! Aint this like the third person whos had a go at doing it lol!?!

im still game to get the site up and running but we need more imput from the members of the club!!!

just tell me if you want me to carry on doing the website
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:54 pm

caveman villa wrote:
Weston Pete wrote:

im still game to get the site up and running but we need more imput from the members of the club!!!

just tell me if you want me to carry on doing the website

Good luck trying to get opinion on here mate, need to speak to everyone at games!!
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Come on chaps. I've missed handing out a few of our cards, because the web site isnt ready !!

Pull yer finger out !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: somerset lions update   somerset lions update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

somerset lions update
Page 1 of 1