Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Run In

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hulkamania

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Right then chaps. How are we all feeling after the match last night? I'll be honest i'm feeling pretty downhearted right now. I dont like moaning about Villa but at the same time they're not giving me alot to be positive from at the moment. Last nights first half performance was the poorest i've seen for a while. Not one shot on goal in 45mins! This team has certainly got enough talent to finish top 4. But we could of done with a couple more players who have enough experience of being in the top 4 to bring the younger lads through. Villa head off to Dubai for a few days now and if i was O'neill i'd treat this trip just like a pre season. Start a fresh. Wipe the slate clean and start a new 10 game season. My faith is being pushed to its limits at the moment. But part of me still believes we can finish the season on a high. Will it be good enough for the top 4 finish? Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

Most people have probably realised im not the most optimistic Villa fan around, and that basically stems from 20 years of pretty much nothing gained as a supporter. However this season really has opened my eyes to how big and where this once proud football club can go.

Last night was a disapointment, however second half performance wasnt actually that bad, and with a bit of luck we may of even snatched at least a point! There is lots of doom and gloom around at the moment and really there is no need, if we were given this position at the start of the season we would of taken it!!

I for one, am staying positive, if we finish 5th then so be it, yeah it'll be a disapointment but its another step forward from the previous year and we will have shown that with a stronger squad we could of competed with the top 4, but whos to say we wont finish 4th???

One thing that really is annoying me is the talk of 'O'Neils head being on the line', and 'how long will it be til Randy sacks O'Neil' shit that has been posted on other forums!!! I'll stand by my decision now that i wont be re-newing my season ticket if he was given the boot. Martin O'Neil IS (in my opinion Don!) the ONLY man to take this club forward!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Weston Pete wrote:
Most people have probably realised im not the most optimistic Villa fan around, and that basically stems from 20 years of pretty much nothing gained as a supporter. However this season really has opened my eyes to how big and where this once proud football club can go. Last night was a disapointment, however second half performance wasnt actually that bad, and with a bit of luck we may of even snatched at least a point! There is lots of doom and gloom around at the moment and really there is no need, if we were given this position at the start of the season we would of taken it!! I for one, am staying positive, if we finish 5th then so be it, yeah it'll be a disapointment but its another step forward from the previous year and we will have shown that with a stronger squad we could of competed with the top 4, but whos to say we wont finish 4th??? One thing that really is annoying me is the talk of 'O'Neils head being on the line', and 'how long will it be til Randy sacks O'Neil' shit that has been posted on other forums!!! I'll stand by my decision now that i wont be re-newing my season ticket if he was given the boot. Martin O'Neil IS (in my opinion Don!) the ONLY man to take this club forward!!!!!
I seen those threads on the other forums aswell. Shocking isn't it. I dont think Randy will ever give Martin the boot. Martin will be the one who decides enough is enough
Back to top Go down
caveman villa

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 am

hulkamania wrote:
Weston Pete wrote:
Most people have probably realised im not the most optimistic Villa fan around, and that basically stems from 20 years of pretty much nothing gained as a supporter. However this season really has opened my eyes to how big and where this once proud football club can go. Last night was a disapointment, however second half performance wasnt actually that bad, and with a bit of luck we may of even snatched at least a point! There is lots of doom and gloom around at the moment and really there is no need, if we were given this position at the start of the season we would of taken it!! I for one, am staying positive, if we finish 5th then so be it, yeah it'll be a disapointment but its another step forward from the previous year and we will have shown that with a stronger squad we could of competed with the top 4, but whos to say we wont finish 4th??? One thing that really is annoying me is the talk of 'O'Neils head being on the line', and 'how long will it be til Randy sacks O'Neil' shit that has been posted on other forums!!! I'll stand by my decision now that i wont be re-newing my season ticket if he was given the boot. Martin O'Neil IS (in my opinion Don!) the ONLY man to take this club forward!!!!!
I seen those threads on the other forums aswell. Shocking isn't it. I dont think Randy will ever give Martin the boot. Martin will be the one who decides enough is enough

and if all the shit continues about his head on the line, he will decide sooner rather than later and that is the WORST thing that could happen to our club!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:09 am

Will it be the worst thing though. For all his good work this was put into perspective by him being the First and Only Manager in the history of Aston Villa to deliberately field a weakened team. Bridges need to be rebuilt and quickly too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 am

Mon is a top bloke, good manager, but not great IMO. He's made some good decisions, and some very bad one’s too. However he still has much to learn, or maybe change about his ways (which for an individual who has been in the game so long, I find that hard to believe). He needs to become less stubborn, learn how to react quicker to other team’s tactical changes. A plan B, C would also be nice. Players playing out of position for seasons at a time. And (whilst I agree he isn’t the only manager to make this mistake), take all competitions seriously.

I like him, he’s one of the few whom when on t.v I actually listen to, not because he’s Villa manager, but because he talks sense, and with good humour.

Our home form is appalling no question, and because that’s where most supporters watch their football, that’s the reason he’s taking so much stick.

Top bloke, but not above criticism, I’ve seen better come and go, but I’ve also seen far, far worse. The difference is with MONs backing, he could be doing so much better. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes, and will emerge through this difficult spell, a much improved manager.
Back to top Go down
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:53 am

Top words Don. I second every word. Like I said bridges etc.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com
Weston Pete

Weston Pete

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:46 am

Tauntonvilla wrote:
Mon is a top bloke, good manager, but not great IMO. He's made some good decisions, and some very bad one’s too. However he still has much to learn, or maybe change about his ways (which for an individual who has been in the game so long, I find that hard to believe). He needs to become less stubborn, learn how to react quicker to other team’s tactical changes. A plan B, C would also be nice. Players playing out of position for seasons at a time. And (whilst I agree he isn’t the only manager to make this mistake), take all competitions seriously.

I like him, he’s one of the few whom when on t.v I actually listen to, not because he’s Villa manager, but because he talks sense, and with good humour.

Our home form is appalling no question, and because that’s where most supporters watch their football, that’s the reason he’s taking so much stick.

Top bloke, but not above criticism, I’ve seen better come and go, but I’ve also seen far, far worse. The difference is with MONs backing, he could be doing so much better. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes, and will emerge through this difficult spell, a much improved manager.

Yep have to say i agree totally with that Don and criticism everynow and again aint always a bad thing!!!!
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

Weston Pete wrote:
Tauntonvilla wrote:
Mon is a top bloke, good manager, but not great IMO. He's made some good decisions, and some very bad one’s too. However he still has much to learn, or maybe change about his ways (which for an individual who has been in the game so long, I find that hard to believe). He needs to become less stubborn, learn how to react quicker to other team’s tactical changes. A plan B, C would also be nice. Players playing out of position for seasons at a time. And (whilst I agree he isn’t the only manager to make this mistake), take all competitions seriously. I like him, he’s one of the few whom when on t.v I actually listen to, not because he’s Villa manager, but because he talks sense, and with good humour. Our home form is appalling no question, and because that’s where most supporters watch their football, that’s the reason he’s taking so much stick. Top bloke, but not above criticism, I’ve seen better come and go, but I’ve also seen far, far worse. The difference is with MONs backing, he could be doing so much better. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes, and will emerge through this difficult spell, a much improved manager.
Yep have to say i agree totally with that Don and criticism everynow and again aint always a bad thing!!!!
I agree aswell. I'd like to think that O'neill can become a top manager at Villa
Back to top Go down
Tauntonvilla

Tauntonvilla

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:20 am

Bollox, you two agree with me im going to have to re-write it !!

MON is a complete w****r, and we should sack him tomorrow...

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Run In Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run In   The Run In Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Run In
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aston Villa's Supporters Club :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: