Aston Villa's Supporters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little word from me about Johnny Dixon and Vic Crowe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrummieBob

BrummieBob

A little word from me about Johnny Dixon and Vic Crowe Empty
PostSubject: A little word from me about Johnny Dixon and Vic Crowe   A little word from me about Johnny Dixon and Vic Crowe Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:43 pm

This weeks news has not been the best for Villa fans as I, and I am sure you have as well, been saddened to hear about the deaths of two Villa Legends.

Johnny Dixon and Vic Crowe.

I was born in 1956 so the iconic picture of Johnny Dixon with the FA Cup was the stuff that kids like me thrived on. Even though I was too young to appreciate the Cup win I spent my early schools years living with the thought we had won the FA Cup more times than anyone else (at that time) and Johnny was the last Villa Captain to lift it.

Vic Crowe was a player in the first game I attended at Villa Park and went on to manage the Club. In terms of history his management was in the “Dark” years of the 3rd Division and promotion from that. But, if you ask any Villa fan from that era “what was it like to be a fan in those days?” and the answer will always be the same. A club became united with one common aim (sound familiar?) and as one determined to rise again like a phoenix from the ashes.

With the sadness of their passing comes memories of their glories,and how I was privileged to be around it as a young schoolboy and in my teens

Rest in peace both of you
Back to top Go down
http://www.brummiebob.com

A little word from me about Johnny Dixon and Vic Crowe
Page 1 of 1