A Forum For The Aston Villa's Supporters Club.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrummieBob

PostSubject: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:04 am

Been making some enquiries about the do's and don'ts regarding having a trip to a UEFA CUP Game if we get a decent draw (travelwise) in the upcoming rounds

Bear with me but this is how it goes.

Thursday Game means picking bus up Weds night and retuning Saturday morning 2 and 1/2 days hire depends on size but around 160 -- 200

European Surcharge for insurance on the Bus = 98.00

Five Star AA Eurpoean Breakdown for Mini Bus and 12 people for 3 days (this means we all get home if the bus breaks down and is not repairable straight away etc whilst out there is = app 94.00

Eurotunnel at silly o clock on the way there and back is around 31 each way for a mini bus = 62.00

For a round trip to say Liege in Belgium, Twente in Holland ,Schalke in Germany etc the fuel would be around 4 tanks at 60 per tank = 240

Hire 200
Ins 1 98
Ins 2 94
Tunnel 62
Fuel/Tolls 240

Total 694

So for 12 people it is around 60 pp and thats all covered except for the match ticket.

The only legal requirements are that everyone has a valid passport etc and indivdual travel insurance to compliment the bus one.

It's worth bearing in mind and I hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brummiebob.com
Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:02 am

Just a quick question, if our draw was against a team that was easy to fly too, as long as it was cheap with easyjet or ryan air, would we fly there over going on the mini bus or is the mini the prefered option???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrummieBob

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:40 am

I have only quickly looked at Expedia for direct flights to Brussels and Bordeaux havent gone into much detail but it seems to average out at at least double/triple the mini bus fare and in bordeauxs case 4 times but like i say it wasnt a concentrated look. easy jet I think dont do Bristol to brussels but i think we have to wary of airports the cheap airlines fly too as the transport costs from there to the ground can be crippling wiping out any saving. The lads who sit behind me have been "stung" at Hamburg 79 to get from landing airport to Hamburg itself I thnik thats worth bearing in mind
Back to top Go down
Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:06 am

Very true, Hamburg to be fair was a fucker to get too really, when i was looking there wasnt a particually easy option. When you look at easyjet their fares arent really that cheap, Ryanair are the ones to go with if you can book way in advance.

Not sure whether i would fancy a mini to somewhere really far away unless we get something really comfortable!! Think Sunderland might be a struggle let alone Germany or Portugal etc etc!!!!!

I went on a coach to Barcelona, 24hr trip, nice big coach, lots of room and it was a fucking nightmare, never never again lol!!!!

We need a french side me thinks!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tauntonvilla

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 am

Remember a story about Ryanair last season. Liverplop were handed a draw,dont recall against who....A shitload of bookings were taken. Ryanair then realised why, promptly cancelled the flight. Reinstated it almost straight away. But everybody had to re-book, for shit loads more money...Smart buisness, but pissed off hundreds of fans !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:43 am

Really!?!? Lol good bit of business if you ask me lo, ripping of the scousers luv it!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hulkamania

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:32 am

BrummieBob wrote:
Been making some enquiries about the do's and don'ts regarding having a trip to a UEFA CUP Game if we get a decent draw (travelwise) in the upcoming rounds

Bear with me but this is how it goes.

Thursday Game means picking bus up Weds night and retuning Saturday morning 2 and 1/2 days hire depends on size but around 160 -- 200

European Surcharge for insurance on the Bus = 98.00

Five Star AA Eurpoean Breakdown for Mini Bus and 12 people for 3 days (this means we all get home if the bus breaks down and is not repairable straight away etc whilst out there is = app 94.00

Eurotunnel at silly o clock on the way there and back is around 31 each way for a mini bus = 62.00

For a round trip to say Liege in Belgium, Twente in Holland ,Schalke in Germany etc the fuel would be around 4 tanks at 60 per tank = 240

Hire 200
Ins 1 98
Ins 2 94
Tunnel 62
Fuel/Tolls 240

Total 694

So for 12 people it is around 60 pp and thats all covered except for the match ticket.

The only legal requirements are that everyone has a valid passport etc and indivdual travel insurance to compliment the bus one.

It's worth bearing in mind and I hope this helps

Is Moscow too far to drive Bob scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Weston Pete

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:45 am

Lol was just gonna ask exactly the same question, Bob is probably still trying to work it out as we speak!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrummieBob

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Yep !!! It's too far 2000 miles each way

8 days a 500 per mile 8 days hire 720

Insurance 100

European Cover 110

Fuels 10 tanks @ 60 600

Tolls 120 each way 240

Total 1770

= 12 travelling 147.50 pp

Visas 110 pp approx

250 pp plus 8 day off work plus match ticket plus no rest

Can we just watch this one down the Woodspring

Shepton to Woodspring return 52 miles 5.00 app petrol

I'll get me coat
Back to top Go down
hulkamania

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:03 pm

BrummieBob wrote:
Yep !!! It's too far 2000 miles each way 8 days a 500 per mile 8 days hire 720 Insurance 100 European Cover 110 Fuels 10 tanks @ 60 600 Tolls 120 each way 240 Total 1770 = 12 travelling 147.50 pp Visas 110 pp approx 250 pp plus 8 day off work plus match ticket plus no rest Can we just watch this one down the Woodspring Shepton to Woodspring return 52 miles £5.00 app petrol I'll get me coat
Last year for the champions league final the match ticket doubled up as a visa. Not sure they'll do it this time. Road trip anyone? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG   

Back to top Go down

EURO TRIPS IF THEY COME ALONG
Page 1 of 1